The Suspect (2013)

So i did a little saturday night movie thing last night and decided to watch "The Suspect".. let me tell you! I was not ready for what happened to me while watching it. 

Firstly why didn't i know about this movie?? In all my years of stewing in s.korean entertainment i never came across this film. Second it's fucking Gong Yoo... after i was done gushing over the fact that he was the star of the movie, i got into it. So boom...i was scrolling through viki and the movie was in the highlights. If you know me, you know i would watch 10 romance movies before i go for an action one. Not that i do not like them..i just love my bubble. 

Trying not to give away too much of the movie, it started off weird and i must confess the first 15minutes were kinda hard for me to get into. Then it picked up and everything started to make sense. The synopsis is Dong Chul was the best special field agent in North Korea, but he’s abandoned by his government during a mission. While on the run, he looks for his wife and child, who were sold as slaves to China, only to discover their corpses. He soon finds out that his colleague was behind the killing and defects to the South in search of his nemesis. He looks for him during the day, and works as a temp driver at night and as a personal driver for chairman Park. One night the chairman is attacked and killed by an assassin, but not before handing over a pair of glasses to Dong Chul. He is now on the run again, accused of the chairman’s murder by the intelligence service, while trying to uncover the secret contained inside the glasses

 The whole thing they were fighting for in the movie turned out to be so fucking stupid i screamed but the revenge part is what had me clapping and going YEEEESSSSS BAE at my tv. This is one of the reasons i fuck with international movies. When it comes to revenge my god do they deliver and leave you completely satisfied. The fight scenes are were fantastic and my crush Song Chae Rim had a small role in this

Older k movies have a special place in my heart. From the actors to the plots. I'd recommend this movie if you want an action filled 2 hours with a little bit of tears sprinkled at the end. I'm glad i gave it a chance so yea ...go watch it. The cast is filled with go actors you know and love...some you love to hate haha....ciao for now.

Comments