Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)


Yes finally this movie has made it to my list...i have decided to dedicate 3 hours of my life to this movie. Why? You may ask...well it's because i love Sharuhk Khan and Kajol together. Plus i have nothing better to do on my day off. For the longest, i have been putting this movie off on my watch later list but at last the time has come for me to get it over with.

Alright so just fifteen minutes in i was crying...see this is why i watch hindi movies. They keep me in touch with my emotions and what not. This movie turned on the tears at max...why oh why did i do it??? The movie to me felt like Sleepless in Seattle meets India. 

Synopsis

After reading the letter her mother had written for her before she died, Anjali decides to bring together her widowed father, Rahul, with his true love who is also named Anjali.

Any who...it took me about 5 hours to watch the movie because shit i was doing other things and had to keep pausing. Eventually i got to the end. The best part of the movie was the last 30 minutes but then i was going "yeah right". The idea that a man you're engaged to will let you go back to your first love because he did not see love in your eyes..that part tickled me silly. I understand she didn't look at her fiancé the way she looked at her first love.

Another thing that bothered me about the movie is that the mother of the girl named her after the father's first love. I thought that was shitty. It's like she knew something was going to happen to her which is why she did that. Rahul's character really let his best friend who he obviously loved go away and never attempted to look for her. That was so shitty. His character got to love twice which is bullshit but what do i know about love and rubbish characters lol.

The take away i got from the movie was that true love prevailed in the end and i guess friendships with history have more power in a persons' life.  I quite enjoyed the movie even though it took me long to finish it. T'was worth the hours spent on it.The most isn't one i would go out of my way to replay but yea.....good watch i mean for a 1998 movie.



Comments