When The Camellia Blooms 2019


I apologize for my unexpected hiatus. I'm making my way back. This is the first korean drama i have completed in like forever. I started it because it was on netflix (super convenient) i can watch it while at work. Got into the drama while doing some chores on my day off and that was it. Before i knew it i was 5 episodes in and wanted more.

Synopsis
Dong Baek is a single mother living in the small town of Ongsan. She runs the bar-restaurant Camellia, while also taking care of her son Pil Gu. The people of Ongsan frequently gossip about Dong Baek. She grew up as an orphan, is a single mother and runs a bar where many of the men in Ongsan frequent. Regardless of what the locals may whisper about Dong Baek, local police officer Hwang Yong Shik is deeply in love with her. Meanwhile, Dong Baek's ex-boyfriend Kang Jong Ryeol suddenly reappears in her life. He is a famous baseball player, that hid their relationship when they dated. While Dong Baek tries to find happiness, something truly sinister lurks in the background. A serial killer roams Ongsan and Dong Baek may be a target.

First of all i fell in love with Dong baek and how sweet she was. Then the other characters quickly crept in but the people that really stuck with me and made me cry towards the end of the drama were the women in the village that Dong Baek lived in and how they started off as characters i hated. Then they became my favorite. I don't know how to explain it lmao but watch it. The male lead was kind of immature but that's what was charming about him. 

The mix of comedy and drama and suspense and some maturity was what i needed to kind off push me back into marathoning dramas. I didn't want this drama to end but it did with a nice close out. The wholesomeness of the message this drama conveyed really touched me in a positive way.

P.S: I should write about how my 2019 unfolded..hopefully you'll understand why i have been missing from the drama world. It was full lol.

Anywhoo i'd totally recommend this drama plus you already know how partial i am to OSTs. The most is great too.

Comments