RIP JongHyun 1990- 2017

I posted on all of my social media and have been struggling to post here because my last publish post was for someone that died, an actor so basically it looks like back to back I’m morning people. I really don’t want this site to be about that....  it’s life and this is what happened and my other works are still being edited.  I’ll be publishing a couple posts about drama in the next few days but for now I’m mourning the death of Jonghyun.
I’m speechless and cannot come to terms with this...I eventually will. I’ve been rewatching videos of him and the group on YouTube just to smile through this.

 I can’t stop listening to “y si fuera Ella” I swear the song is beautiful and he sings it 😭😭😭😭.

He was the lead singer of Shinee the boy band based in South Korea and like other Shawols I’m deeply hurt by the tragic event that has taken place. I will remember him as the always smiling, awesome leader and muscular lol member of Shinee.  
He had a long battle with depression and it’s unfortunate that the demons and voices in his head won. He died on the 18th of December 2017 by suicide 😭😭😭😭😭😭. The most devastating news to wake up to on this side of the globe.

I just want to say You did well Jonghyun, you were are are still loved by your fans and the people that were around you even though the voices in your head made you feel otherwise. Your music touched a lot of people and will continue to reach more people. I hope and pray you are at peace. Rest well Jonghyun..... you will be remembered alwaysπŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™.

To the other members of Shinee and all of us mourning him, be strong, he’s at peace. We have beautiful memories of him. Remember him always and keep his light shinning bright.

He left a suicide note and that basically is bringing attention to the stress Idols go through... a lot of people deal with mental health issues and I’m sad he is gone but damn it high time the topic of depression is addressed. People struggle everyday and some cannot come out and say it for fear of being stigmatized or shut down.

I for one have never experienced deep depression but I do know the feeling of putting up a brave face even when I have things I’m struggling with. I have people I can turn to, talk to, cry to just to let it out thankfully.  Most people are not fortunate to have that...I say this to say if you are battling anything mentally speak to a friend, a stranger, anyone. It’s easy to give up and say you’re alone but trust me there’s someone out there willing to help you even if it’s just as simple as lending an ear.

Mental illness is real and should not be a stigma. Don’t be afraid to come out and say you’re battling something mentally. Seek help, you are wanted and loved and are here for a reason... blessings, love and peace.

Comments